Monday, June 15, 2015

Reflections In The Mirror


As this week began, I must admit that I had unequivocally taken quite a beating getting my mother settled into her new residence. Tending to her needs (one than another, for this reason or that) it left me feeling consumed with her. I began to SPIN out of control! Of course, there are other dynamics to regard as well… not just my mother…MANY OTHERS in fact, but I choose not to mention them. 

What is most important is my journey that I want to share. Moreover, this week’s journey brought me to entirely new levels of feelings I can only hope to convey in a way you all will have absolute understanding.

Last week I shared...”Therefore, my journey starts with a longing. No, a ravenous hunger to commune with my Lord Jesus Christ. I seek Him out... I desire privacy, intimacy with Him.”

“I RUN to Him to pray and commune with Him”! 

Still have some learning to do with this one! But I must admit that I am being prompted further to quiet myself even in the extremely unsatisfied, discouraged, unfulfilled, duties I waited on with my mother to be established in her new home. For example, one day I had arrived early to visit with my mother and attend to nursing care business. While I was in the meeting with the Nurse Supervisor, I was told one thing but that ONE thing DID NOT HAPPEN! It did not happen for three days! Now each day that I was with my mother, I was becoming impatient with the staff and more concerned for my mother’s health. Finally, the Lord showed me that my feelings and emotions were upsetting my mother so I laid down on her bed when she went to eat her lunch and I prayed for forgiveness.

I asked Him to come, comfort me, and believe me when I say He did… He did! I do not feel led to speak about it in this blog, but one day I will tell you of my fishing trip I had with the Lord Jesus Christ! I was so indwelled, so one with God that I didn’t hear my mom come back from lunch, and when I startled giggling out loud while fishing with the Lord, she laughed as well and drew me back to her.

Mom asked me what I was laughing about and I sat up on the edge of the bed feeling so restful and at peace, I shared with her my fishing story. It was the most beautiful moment mom and I have been able to share together in years!

I titled this, Reflection In The Mirror, because each day we get out of bed… and at some point look at ourselves in the mirror. Who do you see looking back at you? Do you see Christ? On the other hand, what is your image of Christ looking upon you?

Can we actually see Christ in us? On the other hand, can we see Christ in others? I believe we can.

As I continue on my journey I am being transformed into the “likeness of God:” Romans 12 1 I APPEAL to you therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of [all] the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship. 2 Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you]. 3 For by the grace (unmerited favor of God) given to me I warn everyone among you not to estimate and think of himself more highly than he ought [not to have an exaggerated opinion of his own importance], but to rate his ability with sober judgment, each according to the degree of faith apportioned by God to him. 4 For as in one physical body we have many parts (organs, members) and all of these parts do not have the same function or use, 5 So we, numerous as we are, are one body in Christ (the Messiah) and individually we are parts one of another [mutually dependent on one another].

Zondervan (2010-08-17). Amplified Bible (p. 1036). Zondervan. Kindle Edition.

Transformed…

Walking through my day, I am:

          Tender,

          Caring,

          Thoughtful,

          Purposeful,

          Intentional,

          Open,

          I am GRACE.. God is a God of grace. God will rebuild life within me. I am becoming my authentic self in Christ Jesus!

 

How is God coming alive in your soul today?

What reflection in the mirror do you want to see?

 

 

© Lorrie J Sims

1 comment:

  1. What a week, huh? So grateful for the Lord's presence and guidance.

    ReplyDelete